Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Colour Blocking: What Sara Wore

 Coat: Louche / Bag: Hand-me-down / Jumper: Primark / 
Velvet Pencil Skirt: eBay / Boots: Topshop / Hoop Earrings: Claire's Accessories  

The secret's out: I am an amateur hula-hooper. 
It's been a long time since I posted an OOTD. The days are getting shorter and the light fades by 4pm which gives me a very narrow window for photographs. Plus, if I do get the chance I'm either in a onesie or the heaven's open... end of excuses. 
Although this post revolves around the jumper, I have to start with my boots. They're Topshop's Acton Clean Buckle Boots and an appropriate preprocessor to my beloved Chelsea Boots. There's the two inch heel to contend with (making me about 5'11") which is highly impractical on icy pavements, but they're worth every stumble! 
The jumper is one of a collection I recently accumulated from Primark. It was under a tenner, is surprisingly good quality and extremely cosy. Plus the red is Autumnal and festive.
Pencil skirts are my current obsession as they're long enough to provide a warm layer and figure flattering - even on smaller frames like my own. You don't need to be a Marilyn to pull off a pencil skirt, ladies!

Sara 

11 comments:

  1. ok a few things:
    you look hawt in this outfit.
    impractical shoes are the prettiest.
    i need a onesie.
    i need your help with purchasing a pencil skirt.
    and i loves ya.
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. Thank you
      2. Agreed
      3. I can't believe you don't already have one
      4. I will gladly offer my help!
      5. Ditto!
      x

      Delete
  2. What a great outfit! Absolutely love the coat- so classic and chic! The boots are fantastic too. I bought a couple pair of boots from TopShop this fall and am loving them! :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen! I have a separate post dedicated to this lovely coat if you're interested - http://sarawears.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/the-boyfriend-coat-ootd.html
      If I had a healthier bank balance I would have bought most of Topshop's A/W'12 collection by now!

      Delete
  3. Ahh you look so amazingly sophisticated. I think I've already commented about this before, but your hair is just perfect. love it :})

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling:) you're far too kind!

      Delete
  4. I love those boots!! I have been eyeing up Topshop boots for a while- when will I go for it? lol I love the whole outfit :)

    www.mintyessence.com

    PS. New follower
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ASAP, that's when! They have such a gorgeous collection, I feel deprived with only one pair which is ridiculous.

      Thanks!
      x

      Delete
  5. Hi!
    Love your outfit
    I've been looking at these boots for a while
    Are you happy with them? Are they comfy?

    -Emilie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy with them:) they are a good two inches high, so I can comfortably walk in them all day long. I had to go a size up which means they are a little loose, so try a pair on if you can. They are lovely though!

      x

      Delete
  6. Lovely outfit, the coat is a beauty x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.