Friday, 16 November 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains: Reviewed

Shade: Romantic

Well, first things first - this is macro gone mad. I appear to have a delicate moustache framing my mouth. I can assure you my face is extremely hair-free, but HQ photographs manage to find flaws where you least expect them... 

Uncomfortable introduction over and onto the rave review!
I bought a Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain when they were first released in the UK and special offers were emblazoned above every Revlon stand. I chose the shade Romantic because I was yet to hear reviews about it and it seemed like a pretty pop of colour for the Summer. That, it is. 

Colour
I would dare to call this shade flexible for warm and cool skin tones because it contrasts with a tan and adds a Snow White effect to porcelain skin.

Price
The balm stains retail for around £7.99 which I think is quite reasonable for such a multi-dimensional product. If you consider the cost of a long wearing lip stain and a thoroughly moisturising lip balm, you're saving yourself some pennies!

Texture
Romantic is glossy and hydrating but steers clear of that sticky lip gloss feel. It doesn't dry up the lips and demand reapplication every hour, which makes it ideal for long, lazy days.

Staying-power
The colour does not budge, but like any kind of balm a quick dab doesn't go a miss every three hours or so.

Smell (!?)
I know some #bbloggers have found the stains give off a less than desirable aroma, but unless you have a very sensitive nose I can't say the smell is a deciding factor. They smell a tad plastic-y but the scent disappears almost instantly.

Overall? 8/10
Click here for my vampy lip picks!


Sara 
P.s. Have you tried any of the balm stains? Let me know in the comments - I will reply!

10 comments:

  1. Looks lovely on you! I have the balm stain in Honey, and I wasn't too sure about it at first (I agree that the smell is a little odd), but now I really like it!

    abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the look of Honey, have you written a blog post about it? Thanks!

      Delete
  2. i still dont own one of these. i fail, i know. great review, loved your intro ;) i think all of us would appear to be taking part in movember if given a hd camera, but your beautiful lips look fiiine to me! i might steal this balm stain from you. hehe.
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Self deprecating extraordinare! So very true. Yes, the next time I wear it I will insist you try it on! You look good in reds Miss.

      Delete
  3. I've been dying to give these a try! Thanks for the review :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must try them out Jen! They tend to go on offer quite a lot so keep your eyes peeled around Christmas for some discounts.

      Delete
  4. love, love, love these stains! I have rendezvous, crush and lovesick xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crush is next on my make up 'to buy' list I think!

      Delete
  5. I’ve seen commercials for this and have been meaning to try a stain- this definitely made me want to buy it immediately. I love how that color looks on you, and I’ll especially appreciate the non-gloppy feel that lip gloss usually gives. And hahah damn cameras- thought that was the best intro I read for a beuty review, ever : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The adverts were too enticing for me to resist! I don't suppose I write like most #bbloggers but I hope that's a good thing!
      Thank you for the kind words Marlen:)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.